2018 Vestry Goals & Objectives
What we're doing, and the impact it is having
Goal #1: Expand our feeding programs
- Increase the number of nights we serve meals for Paso Cares from one night per month to three nights per month by December 31, 2018.
- Double our volunteer force for Food Bank distributions by December 31, 2018.
- Increase our days of food distribution from three/month to four/month by December 31, 2018.
- Increase our financial support for Lunch Bunch.
Progress as of December 2018: We have achieved the goal of expanding our feeding programs.
Goal #2: Organize fellowship events that strengthen our church family
- Host a Newcomer's Dinner (June 9)
- Concerts In The Park (August)
- Foyer group dinners (beginning Fall 2018)
Progress as of December 2018: We have achieved this goal
Goal #3: Engage in acts of reconciliation to help heal a divided world
- Living Room Conversations (LRC) began at St. James on Pentecost Sunday
- Host an LRC event that involves others in our community by December 31, 2018.
In 2018, LRCs proved to work for St. James. An LRC with clergy leaders from our community was held on October 16, with 17 attending. Our next LRC, to be held in early 2019, will include civic and community leaders.
Goal #4: Increase the financial strength of St. James
- End the year 2018 with a larger financial reserve than we began with
Our finances have improved due to prepaid pledges, fundraising efforts and spending controls. We will achieve this goal in full.
Goal #5: Address the deferred maintenance of our buildings and grounds
- Develop a maintenance plan with short and long term projects
- Separate projects by funding source: operating budget vs. capital campaign
Termite abatement was completed, and beautiful new front and south-side doors have been installed. Sprinkler systems are now operating. While there remains much to do to preserve our historic church, progress was made this year.
St. James Vestry 2018
Senior Warden: Michael Coffin
Building & Grounds: Yvonne Cryns
Finance: Dennis Breckow
Junior Warden: Lucy Simola
Hospitality: Patty Breckow
Education: Cynthia Mosely
Stewardship: Mark Plants
Outreach: Lee Adinolfi
Communications: Justin Hansen
Supporting Our Vestry
Parish Administrator: Sylvia Barker
Parish Treasurer: Denise Chouinard
Recording Secretary: Diane Coffin
©St. James Church