2018 Vestry Goals & Objectives
What we're doing, and the impact it is having
Goal #1: Expand our feeding programs
- Increase the number of nights we serve meals for Paso Cares from one night per month to three nights per month by December 31, 2018.
- Double our volunteer force for Food Bank distributions by December 31, 2018.
- Increase our days of food distribution from three/month to four/month by December 31, 2018.
- Double our financial support for Lunch Bunch by December 31, 2018.
Progress as of November 2018: On plan.
Goal #2: Organize fellowship events that strengthen our church family
- Host a Newcomer's Dinner (June 9)
- Concerts In The Park (August)
- Resume foyer group dinners (Fall 2018)
Progress as of November 2018: On track to meet goal
Goal #3: Engage in acts of reconciliation to help heal a divided world
- Living Room Conversations (LRC) began at St. James on Pentecost Sunday
- Host an LRC event that involves others in our community by December 31, 2018.
Progress as of November 2018: LRC with clergy leaders from our community was held on October 16, with 17 attending. Our next LRC, to be held after mid-term elections, will include civic and community leaders.
Goal #4: Increase the financial strength of St. James
- End the year 2018 with a larger financial reserve than we began with
Progress as of November 2018: Our finances are gradually improving due to spending controls and prepaid pledges. Fundraising in the last quarter of 2018 should add to our reserves.
Goal #5: Address the deferred maintenance of our buildings and grounds
- Develop a maintenance plan with short and long term projects
- Separate projects by funding source: operating budget vs. capital campaign
Progress as of November 2018: Termite abatement has been completed. New front and south-side doors have been installed. Sprinkler systems are now operating. Drought-tolerant landscape improvements are planned for early 2019.
St. James Vestry 2018
Senior Warden: Michael Coffin
Building & Grounds: Yvonne Cryns
Finance: Dennis Breckow
Junior Warden: Lucy Simola
Hospitality: Patty Breckow
Education: Cynthia Mosely
Stewardship: Mark Plants
Outreach: Lee Adinolfi
Communications: Justin Hansen
Supporting Our Vestry
Parish Administrator: Sylvia Barker
Parish Treasurer: Denise Chouinard
Recording Secretary: Diane Coffin
©St. James Church