Christmas Caroling | Friday, December 11 at 5:00 p.m.
Please join us for St. James’ 18th Annual Christmas Caroling Evening. We’ll gather in the church (not the parish hall) at 5 p.m. Friday, December 11th. We’ll then leave for our first stop at 5:15 and carpool/caravan to serenade some friends in our church family and bring them some Merry Christmas cheer.
The evening will end early enough to go to the Chouinards' home, where Denise will graciously host a small party with light snacks for us. Please dress warmly and bring a flashlight. For more information contact Sheila Vossler at
(805) 434-7555 or (805) 466-2292, or email her by clicking here.
Come one, come all! The more, the merrier!
ST. JAMES CALLS NEW RECTOR
It is with joy that the vestry of St. James Episcopal Church, Paso Robles, announces that The Rev. Barbara Miller has accepted a call to be our new rector!
Mother Barbara is a graduate of the Church Divinity School of the Pacific and previously served as our long-term supply priest while we, in conjunction with our search committee, completed a careful process of deliberation and discernment.
Mother Barbara's installation ceremony took place on August 23, 2015 and was broadcast live from St. James Church to viewers in our deanery and across the globe. In addition to the 178 in attendance, 115 people watched the ceremony online. We are very excited to move forward in our journey under the caring and enthusiastic leadership of Mother Barbara!
St. James is . . .
- † An historic church
- † A spiritual foundation
- † A place of welcome and acceptance
- † A conduit of beauty, joy, and grace
- † A center for community life
Come and be part of St. James! You are welcome here. St. James has been part of the Paso Robles community for more than 125 years. It is both a place of welcome, prayer, and growth and a vibrant community of people seeking to grow spiritually through prayer and worship, to proclaim the good news of God made known in Christ Jesus, and to promote justice, peace and love.
We seek to do this through . . .
- Worship is at the heart of our life as a parish faith community. The sacramental life nourishes us week by week and common prayer strengthens us day by day. St. James' Sunday and weekday services provide a variety of worship opportunities for members, friends, and visitors.
- Our parish community provides a strong center for our lives and we seek always to expand our boundaries through involvement in the greater community. St. James hosts over 30 recovery programs each week, supports People' Kitchen and the Saturday Lunch Bunch, the SLO Food Bank, and Loaves and Fishes.
- We believe that Christian formation is a life-long process that nurtures us intellectually and spiritually, equipping us to live out our baptismal promises. St. James hosts both one-time and on-going educational opportunities.
- parish Life and pastoral care
- The fabric of our life as a community of faith is maintained and nurtured through pastoral care and fellowship opportunities. We seek to support each other in the life of faith: in joy and in sorrow, in good times and in bad.
- buildings and grounds
- We are blessed with a beautiful church and a patio and garden area that provides an oasis of calm in the midst of our bustling downtown area. Church facilities are used by a variety of community groups.
©St. James Church