St. James Expands Local Food Bank Distribution
At the start of 2018, one of our stated goals was to expand food deliveries for Food Bank. Thanks to a concerted effort by junior warden Lucy Simola and other members of St. James, we expect to exceed our goal for this year.
Track our progress toward this and other goals by clicking here to visit our 2018 Vestry Goals & Objectives dashboard. Working together, we are feeding bodies and souls in our local community, and making a difference. Thank you for your support!
Living Room Conversations at St. James
Following our combined service on Pentecost, the people of St. James enjoyed a delicious salad luncheon and participated in Living Room Conversations. Small groups used this method of listening to each other to discuss homelessness, food insecurity, righteousness and relationships, and the importance of relationships.
The conversations were lively, open, and life giving for all who participated. Afterwards, many were glad they had experienced Living Room Conversations and felt more connected to their fellow parishioners — and some discovered new things about the the people in their group.
Conversing with each other in this way helped many find common ground with people of differing opinions on the topic being discussed. We plan to experience Living Room Conversations again, within our parish and with others in the community of Paso Robles.
Post a Review for St. James on Yelp
If you enjoy St. James, please consider leaving a review for us on Yelp. Help spread the good news about our loving, welcoming community in Christ! Click here or on the "St James Episcopal Church" link below to post a review and a picture of your own! Each additional review improves our ranking and helps area residents and visitors find St. James. Thanks!
St. James is . . .
- — An historic church
- — A spiritual foundation
- — A place of welcome and acceptance
- — A conduit of beauty, joy, and grace
- — A center for community life
Come and be part of St. James! You are welcomed here. St. James has been part of the Paso Robles community for more than 125 years. It is both a place of welcome, prayer, and growth and a vibrant community of people seeking to grow spiritually through prayer and worship, to proclaim the good news of God made known in Christ Jesus, and to promote justice, peace and love.
We seek to do this through . . .
- Worship is at the heart of our life as a parish faith community. The sacramental life nourishes us week by week and common prayer strengthens us day by day. St. James' Sunday and weekday services provide a variety of worship opportunities for members, friends, and visitors.
- Our parish community provides a strong center for our lives and we seek always to expand our boundaries through involvement in the greater community. St. James supports People's Kitchen and the Saturday Lunch Bunch, the SLO Food Bank, and Loaves and Fishes.
- We believe that Christian formation is a life-long process that nurtures us intellectually and spiritually, equipping us to live out our baptismal promises. St. James hosts both one-time and on-going educational opportunities.
- parish Life and pastoral care
- The fabric of our life as a community of faith is maintained and nurtured through pastoral care and fellowship opportunities. We seek to support each other in the life of faith: in joy and in sorrow, in good times and in bad.
- buildings and grounds
- We are blessed with a beautiful church and a patio and garden area that provides an oasis of calm in the midst of our bustling downtown area. Church facilities are used by a variety of community groups.
©St. James Church