Virtual Church Services via Live Streaming
Beginning on Sunday, March 22, 2020, we will be live streaming services from historic St. James Church. Service times are:
Sundays at 10:00 a.m. via Facebook LIVE
Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom
How to join Sunday morning services at 10:00 a.m.
Services from St. James are streamed using Facebook Live. When a Live Event is in progress, you will find it located near the Posts section on the Facebook main page. After clicking the button below, scroll down the Facebook page to find it.
Virtual Coffee Hour follows each Sunday service at approximately 10:45 a.m.
How to join Wednesday evening services at 6:00 p.m.
Zoom is a video conference application that is free and is easy to use. If you don’t have Zoom, it willprompt you to download it, or find it in the app store for your smart phone or tablet. This way ofmeeting is new for many. If you have trouble, reach out to Mother Barbara or one of the Vestry membersfor help.
Bible Beat continues to meet via Zoom
St. James's popular bible study group, Bible Beat, continues to meet on Thursdays at 11:00 a.m.
Office Hour With Mtr. Barbara
Stop by for a Zoom office hour with Mother Barbara on Thursdays at 2:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome. This is a time to share what is happening in your life and discuss what is happening at St. James.
St. Jamesis . . .
- — An historic church
- — A spiritual foundation
- — A place of welcome and acceptance
- — A conduit of beauty, joy, and grace
- — A center for community life
Come and be part of St. James! You are welcomed here. St. James has been part of the Paso Robles community for more than 125 years. It is both a place of welcome, prayer, and growth and a vibrant community of people seeking to grow spiritually through prayer and worship, to proclaim the good news of God made known in Christ Jesus, and to promote justice, peace and love.
We seek to do this through . . .
- Worship is at the heart of our life as a parish faith community. The sacramental life nourishes us week by week and common prayer strengthens us day by day. St. James' Sunday and weekday services provide a variety of worship opportunities for members, friends, and visitors.
- Our parish community provides a strong center for our lives and we seek always to expand our boundaries through involvement in the greater community. St. James supports People's Kitchen and the Saturday Lunch Bunch, the SLO Food Bank, and Loaves and Fishes.
- We believe that Christian formation is a life-long process that nurtures us intellectually and spiritually, equipping us to live out our baptismal promises. St. James hosts both one-time and on-going educational opportunities.
- parish Life and pastoral care
- The fabric of our life as a community of faith is maintained and nurtured through pastoral care and fellowship opportunities. We seek to support each other in the life of faith: in joy and in sorrow, in good times and in bad.
- buildings and grounds
- We are blessed with a beautiful church and a patio and garden area that provides an oasis ofcalm in the midst of our bustling downtown area. Church facilities are used by a variety of community groups.
©St. James Church