Virtual Services 2021
How to Join Sunday Morning Services at 9:00 a.m.
Services from St. James are streamed using Facebook Live. When a Live Event is in progress, you will find it located near the Posts section on the Facebook main page. After clicking the button below, scroll down the Facebook page to find it.
Virtual Coffee Hour follows each Sunday service at approximately 10:00 a.m.
In accordance with state and county regulations, all in-person worship services (indoor and outdoor) are cancelled until further notice.
Wednesday Evening Services at 6:00 p.m.
Love is the Way Book Study
St. James along with St. Luke’s and St. Stephen’s will begin a six-week study of Presiding Bishop Michael Curry’s new book, Love is the Way, Holding on to Hope in Troubling Times on Tuesday, January 19th at 4pm via Zoom. Everyone is welcome, and we will meet weekly at the same time for six consecutive weeks from January 19 to February 23.
If possible, please read the introduction to this profound and uplifting book before the first session. The Zoom link for the study group is below and you can purchase Bp. Curry's book by clicking on his image above.
Bible Beat continues to meet via Zoom
St. James's popular bible study group, Bible Beat, continues to meet on Thursdays at 11:00 a.m.
St. James is . . .
- — An historic church
- — A spiritual foundation
- — A place of welcome and acceptance
- — A conduit of beauty, joy, and grace
- — A center for community life
Come and be part of St. James! You are welcomed here. St. James has been part of the Paso Robles community for more than 125 years. It is both a place of welcome, prayer, and growth and a vibrant community of people seeking to grow spiritually through prayer and worship, to proclaim the good news of God made known in Christ Jesus, and to promote justice, peace and love.
We seek to do this through . . .
- Worship is at the heart of our life as a parish faith community. The sacramental life nourishes us week by week and common prayer strengthens us day by day. St. James' Sunday and weekday services provide a variety of worship opportunities for members, friends, and visitors.
- Our parish community provides a strong center for our lives and we seek always to expand our boundaries through involvement in the greater community. St. James supports People's Kitchen and the Saturday Lunch Bunch, the SLO Food Bank, and Loaves and Fishes.
- We believe that Christian formation is a life-long process that nurtures us intellectually and spiritually, equipping us to live out our baptismal promises. St. James hosts both one-time and on-going educational opportunities.
- parish Life and pastoral care
- The fabric of our life as a community of faith is maintained and nurtured through pastoral care and fellowship opportunities. We seek to support each other in the life of faith: in joy and in sorrow, in good times and in bad.
- buildings and grounds
- We are blessed with a beautiful church and a patio and garden area that provides an oasis ofcalm in the midst of our bustling downtown area. Church facilities are used by a variety of community groups.
©St. James Church